Top food blogs

Monday, June 3, 2013

Hummus Sandwich

When the kids get home from school or when we are on-the-go, healthy snacks are key.  So I always make sure I have what I call my staples on-hand : muffins, hummus and healthy sweets such as these cookies or these brownie bites.  This is the best way to insure the kids will snack on healthy stuff, since they tire of simply snacking on fruits and vegetables, so  I often resort to accompanying them with half a muffin, a cookie or hummus.  This is also true for me, when I have been cooking all morning and don't feel like making myself an elaborate lunch, I often have a Hummus Sandwich. All I have to do is toast some gluten-free bread, add my vegetables of choice and call it a meal! 


Hummus Sandwich

Ingredients

2 slices gluten-free kamut and quinoa bread toasted
Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of 5-minute hummus (here)
1 tomato slice
A few slices of avocado
Baby spinach leaves (a small handful)
A handful of alfalfa sprouts

Method

I think you guys probably know how to make a sandwich!  Also, I usually eat the rest of the tomato and avocado along with other side vegetables.


Have a great day!
Amelie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment