Top food blogs

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cauliflower Mash


 
When I went plant-based a year ago, there are a lot of recipes that I left behind.  One example is mashed potatoes.  As yummy as they are, they are not a great side dish to many whole food meals, nor are they the most nutritious vegetables. You could have mashed sweet potatoes, which are awesome, but they are completely different in terms of taste!  So with all the recent rage about mashed cauliflower, I figured I would give them a try in the hopes that they would completely seduce me.  Well, I can say that I was floored.  It has the same texture, although a bit lighter, and the taste is quite similar.       
 
 
 
Cauliflower Mash
 
Ingredients:
 
1 head organic cauliflower
1 tsp. coconut oil
pink Himalayan salt
chives
oregano
garlic
 
Method:
 
Wash and cut cauliflower and place it in a steamer pot (here)
Cook over high heat for approximately 10-15 minutes. 
Let cool for a few minutes and place in a food processor.
Add coconut and desired amount of spices.
Serve and enjoy!
 
Thanks for reading!
Amelie 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment