Top food blogs

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Banana Pitaya Smoothie




 
Back in September I tried red pitayas for the first time.  I think it's one of the most gorgeous fruit and really wanted to  like them, but found they tasted very bland and had not bought them since.  But when I saw yellow pitayas at the grocery store last week and figured it was time to give these another try.  Well, I was pleasantly surprise.  Unlike the red ones, these were on the sweet side, almost like a kiwi.  I loved them pure, but was really in the mood for a smoothie, so I created this super Banana Pitaya Smoothie.  It has just a hint of sweetness that is perfect for any morning (I'm thinking it will also hit the spot when I'm craving something sweet after lunch!!!)   
 
 
 
 
 
Banana Pitaya Smoothie
 
Ingredients:
 
1 red pitaya (dragon fruit)
1 yellow pitaya (dragon fruit)
1 banana
1-2 cups almond milk (depending on how thick you like it)
1 tbsp. flaxseed
 
Method:
 
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a smooth texture.
Serve and enjoy!
 
Thanks for reading,
Amelie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment