Top food blogs

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Raw Strawberry-Banana Cobbler


 
Some people crave sweets and others crave salty treats...I have cravings for both.  I have recently realized that adding a pinch of salt to salad dressings totally fills that salt craving (more on that later on in the week).  As for sweets, well I can say that this desserts takes care of that.  It is so super simple to make and is as perfect with a hot cup of tea as it would be on a hot summer day!  It was inspired by Fully Raw Kristina's peach cobbler's recipe.  I had been craving it ever since I saw on my instagram feed, but when I decided to make it, I didn't have pecans, peaches or nectarines, so I improvised with what was on hand.  Even my son thought it was delicious! 


 
Raw Strawberry-Banana Cobbler
 
Ingredients:
 
Crust:
2 pounds pitted dates (I used medjool)
2 cups almonds (walnuts would also work well)
 
Filling:
5 bananas (4 cut in 2 and 1 sliced)
2 cups sliced strawberries
 
Method:
 
1. Place dates and nuts in a food processor and blend until you get a somewhat crummy thick paste. 
2. Place half of the mixture in a 9 inch springform pan.  Using a spoon or your knuckles, even the paste out in a compact crust into the pan.
3. Place 4 bananas in your blender and mix until you get a thick smooth texture (will feel like pudding) and pour on top of crust.
4. Layer with strawberry slices.
5. Repeat step 2.
6. Layer with the rest of the strawberry and banana slices.
7. Place in refrigerator for an hour.
8. Serve and enjoy!
 
 
 
Thanks for reading!
Amelie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment