Top food blogs

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pink Hummus or Spicing things up in the kitchen - Family style!






 
 
When my daughter mentioned to me a few weeks ago that she was tired of always eating the same thing, I really took it to heart.  But she was absolutely right, I have been stuck in a dinner rut since Christmas, and the same recipes have been on repeat week after week.  So I figured we needed to spice things up in the kitchen.  I started to make new recipes day after day.  I bought fruits and veggies that I don't normally buy and with the help of a few cookbooks gave new life to old recipes.  One of which was a staple in our household : hummus.  Because what is easier that chopping veggies and putting them on a plate with gluten-free crackers and hummus and calling it dinner.  But it does get old quite quickly, so I looked to my kid's favorite cookbook for inspiration (note that this cookbook isn't vegan nor is it vegetarian, but most recipes are or can be adapted to our lifestyle) and found this white bean and red beet hummus recipe.
 
 
 
 
It was so tasty, and what little girl (or even her mom) isn't going to love eating pink food.  And since I already had organic pre-cooked red beets in the refrigerator, it was super easy to make.  I even served it at a dinner party this week-end and it really got people talking! 
 
Thanks for reading,
Amelie

No comments:

Post a Comment