Top food blogs

Friday, January 31, 2014

Pushing your limits - Are you following through with your resolutions?


My son Mackenzie body surfing for the first time!
  
If you read this blog frequently, you have probably read all about my goals for the new year.  I have decided to try and change things up a bit in 2014.  Although, I like spontaneity, I am quite the creature of habits when it comes to making spur of the moment decisions. I can decide at the last minute to get away for the week-end, but it will surely be to a destination I am familiar with.  I am always pushing my kids to try new things - whether it be new food or new activities - but am not really pushing myself to do the same. 
 
So I have been forcing myself to be a bit more courageous and to push my limits a bit more this year.  Last week, my brother-in-law took us all to an indoor waterpark in Jay Peak, Vermont.  At first, I decided to only watch the kids since I usually get cold in the water and then, my back starts hurting.  I also assumed that the waterslides would make me dizzy (since I get dizzy even in small cars, waterslides were going to be no different).  But after walking around and seeing everyone having fun, I decided that I needed to push my physical limits a bit.  I have been on the sidelines for three years now was getting fed-up.  So I started with the lazy river, and it was actually pleasant.  Then, I took the plunge and went all out in the waterslides...Well, going all out for me means that I went down twice.  Did I get dizzy?  Yup!  Did it last forever?  Nope!  We sometimes get so comfortable in our roles, that we forget that we can gain something if we push ourselves to change it up a bit.  Whether it be ordering something you have never tried in your favorite restaurant, or taking a more nature-oriented vacation instead of a big-city one or even simply learning to cook with new ingredients...we would be surprised what we found out about ourselves if we agreed to change it up once in a while!
 
 
Have a great week-end and thanks for reading!
Amelie
 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment