Top food blogs

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Guilt-Free Hot Chocolate


 
 
 
One of the things I love the most about winter, is coming into a toasty warm home and indulging in hot chocolate.  This feeling brings me back to my childhood when my sister and  I played in the snow for hours and then go inside for a well deserved pause and a hot cocoa made with love by my mom. 
 
Now I do the same for my kids, and I usually make one for myself as well...winter just wouldn't be right without it!  But as much as I do adore the taste of my Ghirardelli mix, the list of ingredients leaves me feeling less than enamored.  So a few ago, when someone I follow on Instagram (@persionprincessjuicing) posted the recipe to this wonderful hot cocoa recipe.  I decided to try it and it was an instant hit with the whole family!
 
  
 
 
Guilt-Free Hot Chocolate
 
Ingredients
 
1 3/4 cups of hot filetered water*
1 1/2 tbsp. raw cacao
2 tsp. honey
A splash of almond milk
 
Method
 
Place cacao, honey and almond milk in a large mug and pour hot water on top.
Serve and enjoy
 
* I substitute almond milk for the water for both my son and husband who prefer a thicker and richer taste.
 
Thanks for reading,
Amelie


No comments:

Post a Comment