Top food blogs

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cucumber Lemon Green Juice


Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite juice recipes.  It is the first juice I made and although I grimaced quite a bit at fist, I now really look forward to it.  It is super simple to make and uses things that a plant-based cook surely has in his/her kitchen. 
It tastes super refreshing and is sure to give you the energy boost you need during cold winter days!
 
 
 
 

 
Cucumber Lemon Green Juice
 
Ingredients
 
A bunch of organic spinach
A bunch organic kale
Half a cucumber
2 celery stalks
1 lemon, peeled
2 green apples (I often leave them out, but if you like it a bit sweeter, it is good to add them)
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
2 cups filtered water
 
 Method
 
Wash all ingredients properly and peel lemon and ginger. 
Place all ingredients in juicer or vitamix.  If using a blender, mix until you get a thick watery paste.  Place fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and empty juice over it.  It may take a few minutes in order to separate the juice from the fiber  (fiber may be kept and used in muffins).  Serve and enjoy!
 
 
Thanks for reading!
Amelie 

No comments:

Post a Comment