Top food blogs

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Chickpea Red Grape Salad


 My lunches usually consist of a juice and a salad.  I often make it super simple as I am usually in the middle of cooking (when the kids eat lunch at school or at their grandparents' house) or tidying up after them (when they come home for lunch).  I rarely take the time to sit and relax, which is something I am working on in the new year.  But when I made this salad recently, I was so pleasantly surprised by it's lovely taste, that I stopped to take pictures and actually sat down and enjoyed my great lunch and the wintery scene outside.  

 

 
Chickpea Grape Salad
 
Ingredients
 
5 cups Organic Spring Mix
1 small organic McIntosh apple
1 cup organic red grapes
1 1/4 cup chickpeas
 
Method
 
Dice apple and cut grapes in three pieces.  Place fruits, lettuce and drained and rice chickpeas (if using canned) in a salad bowl. 
 
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
 
Serve and enjoy!
 
Thanks for reading!
Amelie

No comments:

Post a Comment