Top food blogs

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

How to prepare a pomegranate

 
I am addicted to pomegranates.  I love their crunchy refreshing taste and do not tire of it, but preparing them always felt like a drag until I learned the proper way to cut one.  So I figured I would share my knowledge with you so you don't have to deprive yourself either.
 
Here are the few steps required to prepare: (it is recommended to wear an apron for this in order to avoid staining your favorite pajama, as I did!!!)
 
1. Thinly slice both ends, as pictured below.
 
 
 
 
2. Cut the pomegranate in quarters.
 

 
 
3. Take each end of the quarter between your index fingers and thumbs and pull out.  Then slowly remove arils and drop into a bowl.  In a few minutes, you are ready to enjoy this wonderful fruit packed with antioxidants!
 

 
 
Thanks for reading!
Amelie

No comments:

Post a Comment