Top food blogs

Monday, January 20, 2014

Raw zucchini pasta and rosee sauce


 
Eating a plant based diet is wonderful and it has served me well since I have started on this journey, but winter time is harder since our cold climate is making me crave lots of starch like sweet potatoes and grains a lot.  As much as these are more than fine to consume, they too often leave me feeling stuffed and less than energetic.  So I have been trying to include more raw food as much as possible in order to give my digestion a bit of a rest and in the process have more energy.  One thing to keep in mind when enjoying meals like this is that they are very low in calories so make sure you eat a decent side dish.  I ate a large side salad (6 cups mixed arugula and Swiss chard) with the extra sauce I had.  Although a salad is also low in calories, I usually have a nice smoothie as a dessert and fully satiated until my next meal.   And when you do consume more starchy foods, consume them at lunch so you have time to digest them before going to bed or make yourself a rainbow bowl with some raw veggies, a salad and a sweet potato or a grain so they are not the main star of your meal!


I used this sprializer to create my "spaghetti".  I purchased it on www.teambuy.ca for 10$.  (But you can also get a fancier one like these ones here and here)


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Raw Zucchini Spaghetti and Rosée Sauce
 
Ingredients
 
For the "spaghetti"
 
3 zucchinis
 
For the sauce:
 
1 red bell pepper, chopped in medium sized pieces
1 cup frozen mango pieces
Juice of one lime
1 tbsp.. fresh cilantro
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
 
Method:
 
For the "spaghetti":
 
Spiralize your zucchinis and set aside. 
 
For the sauce:
 
Place all ingredients in a blender and puree.  Pour over zucchini and enjoy!
 
 
Thanks for reading and have a nice week-end!
Amelie

      

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment