Top food blogs

Friday, June 21, 2013

A delicious blueberry smoothie to celebrate St. John the Baptist day!

Happy Friday everyone!  Today is the last day of school for my kids, which means that they were quite excited this morning.  Their school has organised a Fair complete with inflatable structures, snow cones and cotton candy.  Today is also the summer solstice (my daughter was confused as to the amount of time that was actually added to the day seeing as it is the longest day of the year!  We had quite the laugh with her).  It is also a long week-end in Quebec with our provincial holiday on Monday.  We have 3 family barbecues planned, so we are hoping the weather will cooperate! 
 
I thought I would introduce you to this delicious blue smoothie as a way to start the festivities, since white and blue are the official colors of Quebec.  I got the recipe from the Whole Living smoothies app that I recently purchased.  So far, I have loved every recipe that I have tried.  Most recipes call for yogurt, which I substitute for my favorite vanilla almond milk.
 
 

Blueberry Almond Milk Smoothie
 
Ingredients
 
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 fresh or frozen banana
1 cup vanilla almond milk
(if you use fresh fruit, add a few ice cubes.  I usually freeze my bananas when they are at their ripest to maximize the nutrient intake and the sweetness of the fruit)
 
Method
 
Place all ingredient in a blender until you get a nice foamy texture.  Enjoy!
Have a great week-end and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!  If you like this blog, please subscribe to it's RSS Feed or via email!

Thanks for reading!
Amélie
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment