Top food blogs

Monday, June 17, 2013

Cucumber, Corn and Tomato Salad


Today marks the beginning of the last week of school for the kids...While they are beyond thrilled, I have to say that I have mixed emotions...I am excited for them because they will get to play and be carefree, which will be well deserved.  I am also looking forward to getting a break from preparing school lunches and getting up super early, but at the same time, I know this means constants requests and the need for entertainment on a regular basis (i.e. more work for me ;-))  Oh well, such is life!  At least the countdown to our summer getaway has officially started...We are all looking forward to some relaxing time by the ocean.
 
I hope you had a wonderful week-end.  We sure did!  Last week was our street barbecue and I was to bring a salad.  We were expecting close to 100 people, so we needed salads that were not too labour intensive and that could easily be made in bulk.  I decided to contribute a Corn, Cucumber and Tomato Salad.  It is fresh, goes well with a variety of foods and is super simple to make!
 
 

Corn, Cucumber cherry tomato salad
(Yields 4 servings)
 
Ingredients
 
2 cups frozen corn, thawed
2 cups cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
2 cups cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbsp. parsley
2 tbsp. basil
 
Method
 
Place corn, cucumber and tomatoes in a medium bowl.
 
In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and herbs.  Drip over salad and toss to combine.
 
Enjoy! 


 
Have a great day and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!  If you like this blog, please subscribe to it's RSS Feed or via email!

Thanks for reading!
Amélie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment