Top food blogs

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The most awesome smoothie ever...

I was recently able to slowly start working out again, after a 2 year hiatus caused by my excessive fatigue.  This is a huge victory for me since prior to falling ill I had just started training for a 10K race.  Now, I don't know if a 10k will ever be in the cards again for me, but what I focus on instead are the little steps I am able to take.  I have never been the most active person, but I enjoy working out while blasting my favorite music.  It is the best mood booster and makes me feel wonderful.  And while nutrition is a huge part of being healthy, being active completes the equation.   
 
So what about breakfast when you workout in the morning?  There are different theories out there saying you should and shouldn't workout on an empty stomach.  I think there are advantages to both, but you should do what works best for you.  I feel best when I have had something quite light to eat prior to exercising.  That's where this little smoothie recipe comes into play...It is as light on the tummy as water and not too sweet that it will be hard on an empty stomach.  For those familiar with Orange Julep orange juice, I find that this satisfies my fix for this kind of foamy juice.  And since it contains a banana and a mango, it keeps me from starving during my workout.
 
The most awesome lightest smoothie ever...

Ingredients

1 mango
1 banana
1/2 cup vanilla flavored almond milk
1 cup 100% pure orange juice
6 ice cubes

Method

Place all ingredients in a high power blender and mix until you get a smooth texture.  Enjoy!
 
Have a great day!
Amelie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment