Top food blogs

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Currently obsessed / Portobello Burgers

I have a confession to make, I am currently obsessed with the core training  that I've been doing.  It is so amazing, I have never felt my abs burn like that and can already tell that it is helping my posture (less slouching!).  My son has taken a liking to exercising as well. The other day he wanted to workout with me so he ran 1km on the treadmill and then did a 100 jumping jacks.  When he was done he came next to me and tired to do push ups, but was struggling so he said to me :  ''I am really out of shape!''  I laughed so hard!  
 
I am also obsessed with Portobello Burgers.  I could eat one every night for dinner, and the good news is that it is one of the easiest recipes to make.  This recipe is also where I make an exception and consume dairy.  I like to top it with gouda cheese, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce and mayonnaise.  Keep some napkins close by, you will need them!

Did you know that there are more antioxidants in the caps than in the stems of mushrooms and that the nutrients are not destroyed during the cooking process?


Portobello Mushroom Burger

Ingredients

2 Portobello mushroom caps
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic 
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
Your (vegan or non) cheese of choice
\Gluten-free hamburger buns of choice

Method

Place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, turning twice.

Preheat grill for medium-high heat.

Brush grate with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until tender. Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling.

Have a great day and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!  If you like this blog, please subscribe to it's RSS Feed or via email!

Thanks for reading!
Amélie

No comments:

Post a Comment