Top food blogs

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Gluten-Free Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes perfect for summer!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week-end, we sure did.  And as much as I was apprehending 3 days of family BBQs in a row (2 of which we were hosting), it went quite smoothly thanks to everyone's contributions.  I am usually quite proud of not asking for much help, but this time around, with all the activities that were taking place around the kids last week, my husband didn't give me much choice. 

The only thing I absolutely insisted on making were these cupcakes for yesterday's festivities (it was our provincial holiday!).  I am not quite the seasoned gluten-free baker yet, so for no-fail recipes, I usually look to others for help.  One source I love is Elana's Pantry because most recipes are quite simple and require ingredients I usually have.    These cupcakes were so perfect for yesterday's weather (HOT AND HUMID!!!).  They were fluffy and light and not too sweet, which worked out well since we had some SWEET leftover icing from my niece's birthday cake on Saturday!
 
 
Chocolate Cupcakes

Ingredients

1/4 cup coconut flour (I ran out, so I substituted with 3 tbsp. of GF all-purpose flour (which equals to 3/4 of 1/4 cup).  If using GF all-purpose flour, make sure to add xanthan gum if needed (see flour package for quantity)
1/4 cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 free range eggs
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1/2 cup agave nectar (or honey for non-vegans)

Method

In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour (or GF all-purpose), cacao powder, salt and baking soda and xanthan gum (if needed).  In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil and agave nectar.  Blend dry ingredients into wet thoroughly.  Line a cupcake tin with paper liners and scoop a scant ¼ cup into each cups.  Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes.  Cool and cover with vegan “buttercream” chocolate frosting of choice.  Serve and Enjoy!

 
 

Have a great week-end and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me
on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!  If you like this blog, please subscribe to it's RSS Feed or via email!

Thanks for reading!
Amélie

No comments:

Post a Comment