Top food blogs

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Raw Red Bell Pepper Soup

Yesterday was cool and rainy, so what better way to take advantage of such a day, then to bake, bake, bake.  I actually really enjoy days like this.  It is a good way to get ahead on things that are not as tempting when the sun is shining.  Since I was busy in the kitchen and the kids came home for lunch, I needed something that wasn't time consuming.  I also needed a recipe that was high on veggies, so I went with leftover grilled vegetables salad (recipe here) and The Rawtarian's  Raw red pepper soup which added a bit of sunshine to an otherwise gray day!


Raw Red Pepper Soup
(Yields 1 large serving)

Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 2-3 minutes
Total time: 5-6 minutes

Ingredients
 
1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
1/3 cup cashews
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp. sea salt

Method
 
Place all ingredients in a high-power blender (this is really makes a difference since the power of the blades is what warms this soup up).  This will take approximately 2-3 minutes.  I've made this before I bought my Vitamix and still enjoyed a lukewarm soup (it also took a while longer).  Enjoy!
 
 


 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment