Top food blogs

Friday, June 14, 2013

Dairy-free Rosée Sauce

My kids' favorite meal is by far Rosée Sauce over pasta.  They will choose this over any junk food option any day.  So when I went gluten and dairy-free, the first thing I did was look for great healthy gluten-free pasta that was yummy.  After trying many brands, I have narrowed it down to 2 : Tru Roots (which I get at Costco) and the GoGo Quinoa line of products which feature a variety of pasta options and can be found at my local grocery store.  As for a dairy-free Rosée Sauce, my recipe includes shitake mushrooms, which are great for you immune system's overall health and can even improve cholesterol levels.  
 
 
 
 

Dairy-Free Rosée Sauce

 
Ingredients
 
2 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
2 yellow onions, coarsely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbps. oregano
1tbsp. basil
1/2 cup pine nuts
2 cups dried and sliced shitake mushroom (soaked in 1/2 cup /125 mL) hot water for 20 minutes)         
1 cup white wine
2 cups tomato sauce
1/12 cups almond milk
 
 
Method
 
In a large saucepan, cook onions and garlic until tender.  Add oregano, basil and pine nuts and let roast for 1 minute.
 
Add mushrooms and their water until the liquid has evaporated.  Add wine and boil for approximately 1 minute.  Finally, add tomato sauce and almond milk and let simmer for a few minutes.
 
Transfer to a blender and puree until you get a smooth texture. 
 
Enjoy!
  
 
 And for lunch the next day, I couldn't resist adding my leftover grilled vegetables to the mix!
 

 
Have a great week-end and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!
Amélie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment