Top food blogs

Monday, June 10, 2013

Gluten-free PB&J with a twist

The other day, when the kids came home for lunch, I was really in the mood for a PB&J (peanut butter and jelly) sandwich and tried for the umpteenth time to convince my kids that it was yummy, and they, again, looked at me like I was crazy.  That's right folks, my kids think it's disgusting!  So, I made myself one and made them something else. But instead of making an actual PB&J sandwich, I improvised with fresh ingredients and it was as good (if not even better).  I felt like a kid all over again, but it didn't last long, soon enough they were being fussy and I started acting and feeling like a mom again!!!

PB&J with a twist

Ingredients

2 slices gluten-free bread
3 strawberries sliced
1 banana sliced
3-4 tbsp. raw almond butter ( recipe here)

Method

Toast bread and spread your almond butter on each slice.  Place sliced strawberries and bananas on one slice and place second slice on top.  Enjoy!





Have a great day!
Amelie



No comments:

Post a Comment