Top food blogs

Friday, June 7, 2013

Making memories/ My week on instagram

So being a stay-at-home mom is not always super exciting.  It is easy to get caught up in the daily chores and forget that life shouldn't always be filled with laundry and picking up after the kids.  And since they are now both in school, it seems easier for me to justify meeting a friend for coffee during the day.  I have also tried to be more organized in my daily activities, since I am not one for a routine - just the thought of it bores me to death and makes me want to act like a child and protest its very existence. I have recently found that I can establish some sort of schedule without going crazy, and when I've accomplished what I need to do, the reward feels so much better. 
 
Since falling ill a few years ago, I have come to appreciate the small things in life a lot more.  It has helped me put things in perspective (although it has also seemed to heighten my need for perfection which drives my family crazy!).  I really try and make an effort to stop and enjoy being in the moment a lot more.  I appreciate quiet times and hearing the birds sing in the morning and see every moment that I have enough energy to participate actively in our kids life like a blessing.
 
I think we should all stop and take the time to appreciate our surroundings or relax with a book just because we feel like it!  Because what makes memories is not a spotless house or the latest trends (I am working hard on caring less about both), it is the moment a bird landed right next to you and stared at you or the funny dance your child just improvised for you, and you actually stopped what you were doing and gave him your full attention.
 
Saturday our street will be closed and we will be barbecuing with our neighbours so we can get to know each other better and Sunday we'll be enjoying a family picnic in the park.  What about you?  How will you enjoy making memories this week-end?
 
Here's to little moments...

Below are my recent "little moments" posted through Instagram:
 
 
 
I have always liked this sculpture in New York and now it's made its way to Old Montreal!

 
Meeting a friend for coffee at our local coffee shop...

 
Making the most of my pharyngitis by drinking my favorite smoothies and changing nail color everyday...

 
A friend and I treating a ourselves to a lovely dinner after an inspiring conference by Pierre Lavoie.
 
Have a great week-end!
Amelie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment