Top food blogs

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Special Lemonade for Summer Afternoons

So with spring in full bloom, my husband and I have started overhauling our flowerbeds.  This is our second spring at our new home and the garden's bones were good, but needed major love.  It really had been put aside by the previous owner's busy schedules.  This past week-end we were able to accomplish quite a bit, thanks to some major help from our little Mackenzie who worked tirelessly with us on Sunday afternoon.  He was a busy bee, shoveling dirt and putting down cedar mulch at the foot of one of our evergreens.  
 
It used to be that at the end of a long day of hard work, I would sit down and enjoy a cold beer or nice glass of wine.  And while I still enjoy both on a few occasions,  my digestive system disagrees with me.  So I have had to be creative to find some satisfying alternatives.  That is where my Special Lemonade comes into play.  It is refreshing and not too sweet, and with the added twist of San Pellegrino provides the right amount of specialty drink to satisfy my craving for something different. 
 
 
Special Lemonade
 
 
 
 
Ingredients
 
6 cups filtered water
Juice from 6 freshly squeezed lemons
1/2 cup of white sugar
1 lemon sliced in half-moons
1l. San Pellegrino
 
Method
 
Fill a pitcher with water, then add sugar and juice from lemons.  Stir until sugar is dissolved.  Add slices of lemons to pitcher.
 
When serving, fill half of the glass with lemonade and fill the rest with San Pellegrino. 
 
Serve and enjoy!
 
Have a great day!
Amelie


No comments:

Post a Comment