Top food blogs

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Gluten-Free Almond Butter Cookies

The temperature here has been quite low for the past few days, and as the thermometer drops, my desire for baking rises.  I can understand why Santa Claus' waistline is the way it is.  Mine would look like his too if I lived in the North Pole.   So when going gluten-free, one's options in terms of baked goods can seem quite limited.  So after many imaginative trials and few successes, I figured I would give Janet and Greta's Flourless Almond Butter Cookie recipe a try. 
 
Well, as my daughter would say OMG!  They are the most decadent cookies I have ever tasted.  For those of you who are familiar with Felix and Norton cookies, they border on their Caramelt flavour.  Glass of almond milk required...they are SWEET!
 
Flourless Almond Butter Cookies
(Yields 18 cookies)
 

Ingredients
 
1 cup raw almond butter (recipe here or store-bought)
3/4 cup raw cane sugar
1 egg
1 tbsp. ground flax seeds
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
 
Method
 
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Place all ingredients in a deep mixing bowl and blend well.  Using your hands, make 1" balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2" apart.  Bake for 12 minutes (they might look as if they are not fully cooked, but that is normal).  Let cool for 8-10 minutes and transfer to a wire rack to let them cool completely.

Enjoy!  I certainly did...
 
 
 
 

Have a great day!
Amelie   

No comments:

Post a Comment