Top food blogs

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Green Smoothie Recipe - Mixed Berries and Green Grapes

This morning I was in the mood for something different for breakfast, so I tried another blogger's green smoothie recipe.  Well, it didn't turn out so great.  It was thick and extremely bitter.  Not wanting to waste another recipe - it would have been the 3rd ruined recipe in a 24hour period - I raided my fridge for some ingredients that would enhance what was already in the smoothie. I have to say that I actually surprised myself.  When you listen to your taste buds you can yield some great results (although this shouldn't apply to my husband who adds black olives and weird spices to every recipe that he makes).  The smoothie  was just what I was in the mood for.

Don't be discouraged by its mud color, it tastes quite refreshing since the green grapes stand out over the other ingredients. 
 
Mixed Berries and Green Grapes Smoothie
 



 
Ingredients
 
1 1/2 cups water
2 cups baby spinach
1 banana
1/4 avocado
1/2 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1 cup green grapes
1 tbsp. flax seed
1 tbsp. black chia seeds
3 ice cubes
 
Method
 
Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until you get a smooth texture.  Enjoy!

Have a great day!
Amelie 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment