Top food blogs

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Simple and Fresh Roasted Asparagus and Quinoa Salad!


A lot of my recipe inspiration comes from trying to use whatever we bought on sale at the grocery store.  My husband is sort of king when it comes to saving, so even if I do a most of the grocery shopping, he uses his savvy ways to buy the fresh stuff.  This week, the weather has been warmer and it has made me crave summer food.  And since we had some asparagus, I looked online and found this amazing recipe.  I will rarely post other people's recipes, but this was an exception.  It was just too good to pass up.
 
So here is the link to Shaina Olmanson's  Roasted Asparagus and Quinoa Spinach Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette recipe.  
 

 
 
I did make a few adjustments though, here they are:
 
I did not have shallots, so I used red pearl onions.  Since they are smaller, I used 6 instead of the required 3.  I also used red wine vinegar in lieu of the sherry.  And finally, I substituted the butter for virgin coconut oil!
 
Enjoy!
Amelie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment