Top food blogs

Monday, April 8, 2013

Kale Chips Recipe

I eat a lot of greens, whether it's chard, kale, spinach or arugula (my favorites!) I incorporate as much greens as I can in each meal. My breakfasts usually consist of green smoothies, my lunches are usually a raw soup with a salad and my dinners always have a salad (whether the main meal or the main side dish). But getting my kids to eat "lettuce" is a whole other story. So When we hosted my family's Easter dinner a few weeks ago, I decided to give kale chips a try. Well, I am happy to say I was mostly successful! The whole family loved them (with the exception of my son and nephew!). So instead of opting for an unhealthy alternative when we have our family movie night on Fridays, I will now serve kale chips.



 
 
 
Preheat your oven to 400F.  Remove the hard stems from the kale and wash it.  Then, pat it dry  using a clean dish towel (the key to crispy results is  making sure your leaves are completely dry).  Cut the leaves in chips-sized pieces.  Using your hands, massage each piece with a bit of olive oil making sure you cover the leaves completely.  Lay your pieces on a baking sheet without overlapping them.  Sprinkle some salt and bake in the middle of the oven for approximately 4-5 minutes - making sure they are crispy but do not loose their vibrant green color.  Loosing color means loosing nutrients and in this case taste as well!  Chips will keep for two days in an air-tight container.  If making them ahead of time, simply reheat at 350F for a minute or two to give them back some crispiness! 
 
Have a great day!
Amelie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment