Top food blogs

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Kid-proof Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce

There are some things my kids simply refuse to eat.  So how do you get them to eat it anyways?  My answer is to hide it in their food.  Some will argue that they need to learn to eat it as is, and that's the end of the story.  I sort of agree, which is why I keep serving these things over and over again, and they still refuse to eat them.  So until I am successful, I will keep hiding it in their food.  Earlier this week, I shared my muffin recipe with spinach and today I am sharing my spaghetti sauce with some of the vegetables they refuse to eat cooked, and some they simply won't put in their mouths.

Kid-Proof Vegetable Spaghetti Sauce



Ingredients

1 23 oz. can organic tomato sauce
2 28 oz. can organic crushed tomatoes
1 28 oz. can organic whole peeled tomatoes
4 large carrots peeled with the ends removed
4 zucchinis with ends removed
4 celery stalks
6 mysteriously long sweet peppers
1 orange bell pepper
2 yellow onions
3 cups arugula
3 cups baby spinach
1 tbsp. fresh parsley
1 tbsp. fresh oregano
1 tbsp. fresh basil
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp. granulated California garlic (can be found at Costco)
1 tsp. sea salt
1tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. ground
1 cup nutritional yeast enriched with vitamin B12

Method

Chop vegetable coarsely.  Place in blender with tomato sauce.  Puree and transfer to a large saucepan.  Then place spinach, arugula and whole peeled tomatoes in blender and puree.  Add to vegetable puree.  Mix purees with spices and nutritional yeast and bring to a boil.  Simmer for an hour and serve over your favorite gluten-free pasta!

If you are new to this blog and you are wondering what nutritional yeast is, please go to this blog post.

Have a nice day!
Amelie


 

No comments:

Post a Comment