Top food blogs

Friday, April 5, 2013

Channeling summer with a Superfruit Smoothie!

So it's springtime in Montreal, but the weather has been quite icky!  The snow is almost all gone, but the cold weather is lingering on. This morning, I woke up to light snow falling and just wanted to get back into bed (but couldn't because I had to get the kids ready for school).  
 
Once the kids are off, I usually sit by the fireplace in the living room and read my emails by the fire while having breakfast (usually a green smoothie).   But this morning, to try and lift my spirits up I decided to make myself a summery smoothie

 
Superfruit Smoothie (Yields 1 portion)
 
1 cup Almond chocolate milk
3/4 cup Nature's Touch frozen Superfruit blend (blueberries, blackberries, dark sweet cherries and pomegranate arils) (I buy it at Costco)
1 Banana
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
4 ice cubes
 
Put all the ingredients in the blender (with the milk first) and mix until you get a nice, smooth texture and enjoy.
 
Have a great day,
Amelie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment