Top food blogs

Friday, August 16, 2013

Raw Brownies

So I have been trying to get my kids to eat more healthy snacks and breakfasts.  It is a slow process, but we are making headway.  I found that what works is to make super healthy "desserts".  Last week-end I found another bloggers' Raw Brownies recipe and decided to make it for that night's dessert.  Well, it was a hit and I've since made another batch with a modification and I like it even better!  And the kids can have if as snacks and breakfast with some fruits and it still a super healthy option!
 
 
Raw Brownies

1 1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cup hazelnuts
3 cups dates
1 cup raw cacao (not a typo) powder ...
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Place nuts in food processor and mix until you get a crumbly texture.  Add dates, vanilla extract and raw cacao powder mix until you get a somewhat pasty texture.

Transfer to a rectangular Pyrex-type dish and spread evenly. You may sprinkle with coconut shreds
at this point. Place in the freezer for 3 hours. Take out 10 minutes before serving. Keep leftovers in the refrigerator.




Have a great week-end and thanks for reading!
Amelie



No comments:

Post a Comment