Top food blogs

Friday, August 23, 2013

Gluten and Dairy-Free Penne'n Cheese

So I have been trying to find a good alternative to my son's less than healthy macaroni 'n cheese love affair.  He likes the boxed kind (and I rarely indulge).  So when he was feeling under the weather yesterday, I decided to give The Post Punk Kitchen's mac 'n cheese recipe a try (head over to her site for the recipe).  Well, as with everything with a detectable nut taste, he was less than pleased.  But my husband and I simply couldn't get over how decadent it was.  It was creamy and so, so tasty.  Good enough to serve for a fancy meal when we have company, and easy enough that everything is done in the time it takes to boil pasta.  

 

 
 
Recipe notes:  I omitted the brussel sprouts this time since I am the only one who likes them.  I also omitted chipotles since I don't like when things are too spicy. 
 
 
Thanks for reading and have a great week-end!
Amelie
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment