Top food blogs

Friday, July 5, 2013

Strawberry Summer salad

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that I have recently been posting pictures of salads with bean sprouts.  I have to admit I have been addicted since my parents came over for a barbecue and my mom brought a Strawberry Summer Salad (recipe came from our local grocers newsletter).  It was so refreshing and tasty that I have been adding it to many salads that I have eaten since then.  And since sprouts contain fiber, potassium and vitamin C, there's no reason not to.   
 

Strawberry Summer Salad
(Yields 6 servings)
 
Salad:
6 sorrel leaves, chopped (she substituted with mixed greens)
10 strawberries, diced
1 avocado, diced
1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
4 cups baby spinach
4 cups frisée, chopped
1/3 cup sliced almonds
 
Dressing:
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp.  freshly squeezed or pure orange juice
1 tbsp. xeres vinegar
3 tbsps. sunflower oil
salt and pepper to taste
 
 
Method
 
Preheat oven to 350°F.  
 
In a large bowl. combine the first 5 ingredients and reserve.  
 
Place the almonds on a baking sheet and roast until golden (approximately 5-10 minutes).  Sprinkle on top of the salad.
 
In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients and pour on salad.  Mix until ingredients are coated.  Serve and enjoy!
 
  
Have a wonderful week-end and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!  If you like this blog, please subscribe to it's RSS Feed or via email!

Thanks for reading!
Amélie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment