Top food blogs

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Pineapple Mango Smoothie




My daughter is starting to warm up to smoothies.  She was reticent to try them at first, for fear that I would sneak in things she doesn't like without her knowledge (which I would have been tempted to do).  But recently, she starting opening up to some changes in her diet.  She has tried a few salads so far and agrees that they are not as gross as she thought.  She also did agree that she was lagging behind in her fruit portions, so she saw smoothies as an easy way to do this.  One of the recipes that has been successful, is this Pineapple Mango Smoothie which my husband found on Smoothie Web. It is the healthy version of a Pina Colada and as much as I love it as a smoothie, I think it would make the perfect homemade popsicle. 
 

 
Pineapple Mango Smoothie

1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
1/2 vanilla yogurt, but I would substitute for vanilla almond milk if I made for myself
1 mango
1/2 freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tbsp. agave nectar or raw honey
6 ice cubes
 
 

 
I often hear people say that they would like to drink smoothies for breakfast, but mornings are such a rush that they can't.  Well, did you ever think of making them ahead of time?  Fruit smoothies can easily be made ahead and put in the refrigerator (usually keeps well for 48 hours) whether you are planning a smoothie party or your next morning's breakfast.  You could also freeze them and just take them out the night before.   
 
Have a wonderful day and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!  If you like this blog, please subscribe to it's RSS Feed or via email!

Thanks for reading!
Amélie 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment