Top food blogs

Monday, July 8, 2013

Gluten and Dairy-Free Waffles

I was recently going through a box of kitchen things I hadn't yet unpacked (quite sad considering we have been here for 1 1/2 yrs.!)  and I found my waffle iron.  So I thought I would surprise the kids with a nice treat and serve waffles by the pool Friday night.  I relied on a recipe from food.com.  It is by far the best waffle recipe I have ever tried.  The results are light and crispy, similar to Belgian waffles.  And since my daughter had been craving the waffles she had at the First Fridays ever since she had them in May, it really hit the spot for her. 

Gluten and Dairy-Free Waffles
 
Ingredients
 
1 cup of brown or white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch (not flour) - I didn't have any on hand so I used cornstarch
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup oil
2 free-range eggs
1 1/2 cups vanilla almond milk soured*
1 1 /2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. raw cane sugar

 
Method
 
In a large measuring cup, place apple cider vinegar and pour milk on top.  Let sit for 10 minutes. 
 
In a separate bowl, whisk together all the other ingredients.  When milk has soured, pour on top of the other ingredients and whisk until blended.
 
Pour on your waffle iron and bake until lightly golden.  Serve and enjoy!
 
Have a wonderful day and don't forget to like my page on Facebook and to follow me on Instagram, twitter (@aavoine) and pinterest!  If you like this blog, please subscribe to it's RSS Feed or via email!

Thanks for reading!
Amélie
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment