Top food blogs

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Raw Nutella

My daughter's favorite treat is Nutella.  She could literally eat it by the spoonful, and I can't say I don't feel the same way.  But the hard truth is that it is bad for you and it should not be consumed every morning on toast, as she would want it.  So I decided to try my luck and make my own.  And we were both satisfied with the results.  It is sweet enough to satisfy our sugar craving, but healthy enough to eat it guilt free...with a side of fruit!
 
 
Raw Nutella

Ingredients

1 cup raw hazelnuts
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
4 tbsp. raw honey, agave nectar or maple syrup
3 tbsp. raw cacao powder
1/8 tsp. Himalayan rock salt

Method

Place nuts in a food processor and mix until they form a paste.

Add oil and mix until you get a smooth texture (I like a crunchy texture, so I mixed a little less).

Add the milk, honey, raw cacao powder and salt and mix until well blended.

Serve and enjoy!
 
Thanks for reading!
Amelie

No comments:

Post a Comment