Top food blogs

Monday, September 9, 2013

Banana Strawberry Chia Blizzard

This morning I felt like treating myself to something different so I sort of improvised with what my tasted buds were craving.  So I came up with this blissful blizzard creation.  This photo really doesn't do it justice...it looked so good that I forgot to make sure it looked nice enough for the blog before I dug in...
 
 
 
 
 
Strawberry Banana Chia Blizzard
 
Ingredients
 
1/4 cup black chia seeds
3/4 vanilla almond milk
2 frozen bananas
1 cup strawberries
1 tbsp. dried goji berries
 
Method
 
Mix together chia seeds and milk and let sit in the refrigerator for approximately 30-40 minutes.
 
Take bananas out of the freezer.  When they have thawed for approximately 20 minutes, place in blender and mix on cold setting.  Mix in with chia and milk. 
 
Place strawberries and goji berries in blender and grossly puree (you should still have decent chunks.  Mix 1/3 of the mixture with the banana/ chia mixture.  Top it with the rest of the berries. 
 
Enjoy with a spoon!
 
 
Did you know that goji berries can interfere with blood pressure and diabetes medication.  It is advised that you consult with your physician before consuming if you are on such medication.
 
Thanks for reading!
Amelie
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment