Top food blogs

Friday, September 6, 2013

Dairy-free Raw Cream of Carrot Soup

This week has been quite busy with different appointments and all the running around has left me feeling even more tired.  The weather has also been quite cool and I've found myself craving more fall-like recipes.  So at lunch today, I figured I would make a raw soup to warm me up a bit.
 
 
 
 
Dairy-free Raw Cream of Carrot Soup
(Yields 2 large servings)
 
Ingredients

3 carrots
2 green apples
3 tbsp. yellow onion
1 orange
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup cashews
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
pinch of salt, pepper, nutmeg

Method

Grossly chop vegetables and fruits and place with the rest of the ingredients in high speed blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec on hot liquid setting.  The use of a high speed blender is important since the speed of the blades warms the soup enough to serve hot but doesn't cook them, so there is not loss of nutrients.

Serve and enjoy!

 
Thanks for reading and have a nice week-end!
Amelie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment